If you would like another great, affordable alternative to our fairy/ elf houses, and don't mind getting your hands dirty we found the Kmart shadow box a great smaller fairy/elf house hack.
To find out how we transformed it and to find or buy the accessories we used to build it with please keep reading
- House shadow box kmart $12
- Paint ( if you wish to paint it)
- Scrapbooking paper
- Little Grass 30 x 30cm $8
- Scissors/ stanley knife
- Paint brush/ sponge
- We decided to paint the inside of our house and each shelving side box, we painted about 5 coats
- While the paint dried we cut our Little Grass 30 x30cm to fit each area we wanted covered
- After disovering the backs of the house part can be removed carefully, we did this and cut our scrapbooking paper to fit. The scrapbooking paper did not quite fit up to the top corner, so we covered this with paper that we had left over from the side shelves.
- Once dried we re-attached the backing to the house with PVA glue.
- Measure and cut the scrapbook paper to size for each little shelf.
- Glue or place grass in the house and shelves
Tada!! Now the fun begins,time to decorate your house :)
To decorate this particular house we used the following accessories that can be found and purchased
Humble Bumble Bees x 2 : $0.30 each
Mini Mushrooms $0.50
Little Lady Bugs x 2 : $0.30 each
Rascally Rabbits $1.50
Led Wall Light $12.50
Little Mermaid Open Book $2.50